Meringues. Make your own meringues and use them in our showstopping desserts, from pretty pavlova to classic Eton mess and lemon meringue pie. Meringues are a traditional French dessert made with whipped egg whites and just a few additional ingredients. The airy texture of meringues pairs well with a richer filling.
Meringue definition: Meringue is a mixture of beaten egg whites and sugar which is baked in the oven. A mixture of egg whites and sugar beaten until stiff and baked. This meringue recipe has become one of my most favourite and most followed recipes ever. You can have Meringues using 2 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Meringues
- Prepare 70 g of blancs d’œufs (environ 2).
- Prepare 125 g of sucre semoule.
I am very particular I came to Meringues semi late in life. Hard meringues are a delicious airy dessert, with many variations. It's quick to make and only requires a few ingredients. Remember, egg whites beat best if at room temperature.
Meringues step by step
- Monter les blancs en neige bien ferme puis incorporer le sucre..
- Préchauffer le four à 120°C.
- Mettre la préparation dans une poche à douille et former des petites meringues sur une plaque recouverte de papier cuisson..
- Enfourner 30 minutes pour des meringues moelleuses et 1 heure pour des meringues plus fondantes..
Examples of using Meringues in a sentence and their translations. Authentic French Meringues from a patisserie in France. Meringue definition, a delicate, frothy mixture made with beaten egg whites and sugar or hot syrup, and browned, used as a topping for pies, pastry, etc. The Meringues (sometimes incorrectly called "The Merangues" and other disgraceful spelling errors) was a five-piece band from Portsmouth, England. See more ideas about meringue cookies, meringue, meringue desserts. meringue meaning, definition, what is meringue: a light sweet food made by mixing sugar.: Learn more.