Meringue. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Whether huge, chewy clouds or crisp shells bound by thick whipped cream, meringues are a dessert that always rises to the occasion.
Meringues This must be the most popular egg-white recipe of all, whipped with fine sugar into tall, stiff shining peaks, then very lightly baked so that the surface is crisp and the centre is soft and chewy. The tricky bit is whisking the egg whites, but the way the meringues are cooked is important, too. Separate the eggs into a clean, large bowl, preferably metal or glass. You can have Meringue using 3 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Meringue
- Prepare 2 of blanc d'oeufs.
- You need 200 g of sucre cristallisé.
- You need 1 of BONNE pensée de sel + la vanille.
Gently crack the shell against the. Gently tip the egg whites into a large mixing bowl and use an electric hand whisk to beat the egg whites until they are fluffy and stiff peaks form when the whisk is lifted. Continue beating with the electric whisk and add the caster sugar a tablespoonful at a time. In a large, grease-free mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites to soft peaks.
- Battre les blanc en neige et série les avec le sucre cristallisé.
- Continue à les monté sur un bain marie pendant 10 a 15 min.
- Pour le cuison: chauffer votre four d'avance, et quand en met nôtre meringue au four en baisse la température au minimum.
- Température du four : 150°.
- En peut les faire en sucette !!.
A meringue's charm is in its quirky peaks so don't worry about being too neat. In its simplest form, meringue is made up of just egg whites and sugar. The ratio of egg white to sugar and how you handle those two ingredients makes all the difference in the outcome. Using Marcus Wareing's "perfect" recipe as my control, I make two batches of meringues. This recipe makes a sensational stiff and glossy meringue that is baked in a tart tin or pie dish to make a base for pavlova.