Poulet marengo. Browse new releases, best sellers or classics & Find your next favourite book This is the dish known as poulet Marengo. Napoleon so loved the dish that he apparently asked asked for it after every battle, and was superstitious about the ingredients used. Food writer and diplomat Alan Davidson has cast doubt on the Battle of Marengo story, and has suggested that the dish was more likely to have been invented in a restaurant in commemoration of the battle.
When the chicken was cooked he served it on a large plate with a topping a fried breads (croutons) fried eggs and decorated with the crayfish. The battle was fierce, or so the legend has it, and Napoleon, of course, emerged. Chicken Marengo is a simple dish featuring a white wine suace, mushrooms, tomatoes and cognac. You can cook Poulet marengo using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Poulet marengo
- Prepare 6 of blancs de poulet.
- You need 200 g of champignons de Paris.
- Prepare 3 of petites tomates.
- Prepare 1 of échalote.
- It’s 1 of petit oignon.
- Prepare 500 ml of bouillon de volaille.
- It’s 200 ml of vin blanc.
- It’s 2 of grosses cuillères à soupe de farine.
- You need of Huile, beurre.
- You need of Sel, poivre.
- Prepare of Persil haché.
- It’s 50 g of purée de tomate.
Try a chicken casserole with a difference and whip up this version with mushrooms, olives, tomato and parsley. Chicken Marengo is a French dish named after the battle of Marengo, a victory for Napoleon. Traditionally, the dish is served with a garnish of fried eggs and shrimp or crawfish; however, more recipes today, such as this one, usually omit these ingredients. This chicken Marengo recipe is easy and tasty—it's a flavorful combination of boneless chicken breasts, tomatoes, mushrooms, and some.
Poulet marengo instructions
- Couper le poulet en morceaux et le faire dorer dans un melange huile-beurre. Ajouter ensuite l oignon et l échalote haché ainsi que le persil. Poursuivre la cuisson 5 min..
- Ajouter la farine et bien melanger pour absorber le jus. Mouillez ensuite avec le vin et le bouillon. Bien melanger. Mijoter 1h à feu doux. Pendant ce temps coupez les champignons en 2 ou 6 selon leur taille et les tomates en petits dés..
- Ajouter les champignons, les tomates et la purée de tomate. Poursuivez la cuisson 30 min et assaisonnez..
Chicken Marengo is a French dish consisting of a chicken sautéed in oil with garlic and tomato, garnished with fried eggs and crayfish. The dish is similar to chicken à la Provençale, but with the addition of egg and crayfish, which are traditional to Chicken Marengo but are now often omitted. According to one of the legends, after the battle, in one of the local country taverns in Marengo, Napoleon was served chicken with mushrooms and crayfish, sautéed in butter and braised in Madeira. Chicken Marengo is a dish created by Napoleon Bonaparte's cook to please the emperor after the battle of Marengo. It's lovely served with delicate broad beans.